Descriptive Video Toronto
Increase Your Viewership with Descriptive Video for the Vision Impaired
Descriptive video (DV) makes your TV programs and feature films accessible to a potential audience of more than 1.5 million partially sighted and blind Canadians. With an aging population, these figures are expected to increase dramatically over the next decade. It’s expected that the CRTC will continue to mandate more descriptive video programming hours to meet the growing demand. By adding described video, your shows can be enjoyed by an entirely new audience.
Viewers can access the secondary audio program (SAP) track on their television to hear a narrated audio description of the program’s key visual elements that has been inserted in the natural pauses of the program’s dialogue. Described Video supplies important information contained in the program about on-screen action, character expressions, locations and many other important visual details.
Trust Descriptive Video Works, the Industry's Leading Described Video Provider
Descriptive Video Works oversees every aspect of your described video project from beginning to end. Our production flow is seamless, which means you will receive the most professional descriptive video services at the most competitive rates. Producers and broadcasters in Toronto and throughout the rest of Canada and the United States know we are committed to providing stress-free video description services.
- With over 30 years in the broadcast industry, our production team is experienced with all standard broadcast formats. We guarantee your DV project is of the highest broadcast quality.
- Our state-of-the-art production facility is open 7 days a week to accommodate your tight deadlines. We can complete and deliver your show within 3 to 4 days.
- Our seasoned writers are extensively trained to write vivid narration specifically for audio described films and TV programs.
- Our exceptional roster of voice over artists meets viewer’s needs by providing the best voice narration for the style of your production in English, French or Spanish.
- Quality control of the end product is ensured through ongoing focus group research lead by the co-chairs of our research and development team, who are themselves members of the blind community.
- We guarantee delivery of your descriptive videos on time, on target, and on budget.
The professionals at Descriptive Video Works help you provide a positive viewing experience to a brand new audience.